Wednesday, September 5, 2007

81707

From a near lost friend on 81407 – “I wrote after your friend asked you to stop writing and after you quoted stone throwing”.

Ecstatic & silent the night glows. Sun sets upon a soft whimper & today a dear, dear friend proclaims “and I still love you!”

My heart demands Frank O’Hara’s “To The Harbor Master” –

To The Harbormaster

I wanted to be sure to reach you;
though my ship was on the way it got caught in some moorings.
I am always tying up and then deciding to depart.
In storms and at sunset, with the metallic coils of the tide around my fathomless arms, I am unable to understand the forms of my vanity or I am hard alee with my Polish rudder in my hand and the sun sinking.
To you I offer my hull and the tattered cordage of my will.
The terrible channels where the wind drives me against the brown lips of the reeds are not all behind me.
Yet I trust the sanity of my vessel; and
if it sinks it may well be in answer to the reasoning of the eternal voices,
the waves which have kept me from reaching you.


“If you lose your defiant walk in there that means they have won. Don’t let them win."
- Last line from a letter written by a truly loving and profound friend.


No comments: